ARMM’s Hataman supportive of Duterte’s illegal drugs campaign
Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Governor Mujiv Hataman has reiterated his full support to President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on illegal drugs and his desire to remove from office “narco-politicians” from his area.
As this develops, the politiko said about 95 percent of the towns and two city mayors in the ARMM appeared before the President in Malacanang Wednesday, January 11.
ARMM is composed of the provinces of Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi.
Eight of the local executives from ARMM were included in the “narco-list” of President Duterte that he made public on August 7 last year.
Among them was Mayor Samsudin Dimaukom of Datu Saudi Ampatuan in Maguindanao. Dimaukom showed up to PNP Director General Ronald dela Rosa in Camp Crame after his name was included in the list.
A few months later, Dimaukom and nine of his companions were killed in a shootout with the police in Makilala, North Cotabato.
“I am strongly supporting the President’s war on drugs and criminality as this has long been a dreaded problem of the Philippine Society,” Hataman said.
“It’s high time to end the problem of illegal drugs in the country),” he stressed, adding that no other President has shown this much enthusiasm to address head on the problem that continues to destroy the future of Filipinos.
Hataman noted that the problem on illegal drugs has kept the ARMM in the bottom of poverty incidence list as the region remains the poorest in the country.
With the war on drugs gaining grounds, the ARMM governor said he foresees a better future for the region’s 2 million population.
The regional governor also underscored that poverty alleviation is his administration’s top priority with about P4 billion allocation this year for various programs and projects aimed at eliminating hunger and malnutrition in the region.
He rallied all ARMM officials and employees to focus on good governance as another step of alleviating the people from the bondage of poverty.
“The regional government is expecting this year around the same level as 2016’s investment inflow,” he said, adding that his administration is also looking at inviting more job-generating investments this year to provide more opportunities to its constituents.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.